OWL provides education and advocates for the economic security of midlife and older women in the following ways:
- Preservation and improvements to Social Security
- Better pensions for women
- Laws barring discrimination based on age, gender, sexual orientation, race, creed,
disability and national origin
- An adequate, equitable wage for women
- Compensation for caregiving including Social Security and tax credits
Social Security Matters
Social Security Matters is a campaign to maintain the stability of America’s Social Security program. The purpose is to promote factual information about Social Security and to advocate for the ongoing stability and enhancement of the program.
OWL’s Statement on the Deficit Report
OWL is disappointed that the National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform included Social Security in its agenda. Social Security is not a part
of the deficit facing our nation today. Some modifications to Social Security will strengthen this important retirement income program over the long term for millions of working Americans and their dependents, but any changes to Social Security should come as part of a separate effort to ensure its solvency and improve its benefits.
Click here for the full statement.